Federal Transnational Cooperation Programme
With the Federal Transnational Cooperation Programme, the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) supports Interreg projects with thematic priorities that are of special interest to the Federal Government and that contribute to sustainable spatial development.
In addition to financial support, the projects are run within a major strategic and political context. This is why large attention for important issues of territorial cooperation is created at the national and European level. The Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development (BBSR) supports the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure in carrying out this Programme. The cooperation partners are supported in raising national cofinancing, in qualifying project applications and in doing effective public relations work.
In the context of the thematic priorities of the transnational programmes, the BMVI supports projects with clear relations to spatial development.
The key objectives of the Federal Programme include
• to strengthen the competence of local and regional stakeholders on the European level,
• to involve new stakeholders in transnational cooperation,
• to build up long-term cooperation relations and public-private partnerships,
• to prepare and plan investments,
• to foster qualification and certification in order to strengthen the competitiveness of cities and regions,
• to implement the Territorial Agenda of the European Union 2020 and to help achieve the Europe 2020 strategy objectives locally.
Furthermore, the Programme supports
• political cooperation in the field of spatial development, among other things in existing and emerging European macro regions,
• the preparation and estabishment of permanent transnational and/or cross-border cooperation structures (e.g. EGTC, associations).
For an overview of the Federal Transnational Cooperation Programme, please have a look at the "Federal Transnational Cooperation Programme" flyer: Publications
For more information on the Federal Transnational Cooperation Programme as well as calls, publications and contacts, please have a look at the German-speaking website: Bundesförderung